Saturday 29 January 2022

The Grand Remustering



As long as I've played Warhammer, I've had an Empire army. 

My first force consisted of the contents of two sets of the Battlemasters game and a very few GW figures for command, sadly it's been lost long ago after several moves. 

I returned to Warhammer after many years travelling around 2002, the 6th edition starter box had Empire and Orcs and so a new Empire force was started. I managed to get a reasonable force together and played a few games before the travel bug bit again. Then work, more moves and other interests. 


When GW decided to kill Warhammer, I thought I was done with it. I re-based some of my Empire and Orc collections on multi-bases and played HOTT for a bit. Otherwise I left my minis in their boxes.

At some point I even decided to put them on round bases, I'm not sure what I was thinking there!

Where is all this going? Well after 20 years(!) I've decided to restore my force to all of it's square based, 6th edition glory. Some models will keep their original paint, some will get redone, but all will be placed on their proper square bases where they will stay. 

I'm hoping to get together about 2000 points of reasonably well painted minis, and maybe even play a game or two... 



These guys are getting a full re-paint


At some point I decided to paint in a more varied Landsknecht style. I also was experimenting with the army painter dip method. They look OK, and I'll probably leave them for now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment