Tuesday 19 July 2022

Warhammer Fantasy 6th ed. tournament

 Went to a great event last Sunday in Toronto at the Sword and Board. 

Put on by Danny (Artonas), it was the second tournament I've been a part of. Turn out was decent with 6 players, unfortunately 3 people had to cancel at the last minute.















My first battle was against Marcus. He had never played the 6th ed rules before and brought a nice Bretonnian army. 















Marcus played cautiously and managed to take out my flank of war machines and hangunners with his Pegasus knights and then solid charges against my centre. He had a solid victory, I've learned to fear the Bretonnians. 











After  a great lunch my next battle was against Butters and his Lizardman army. Butters was also new to 6th edition. He sent forth his Skink hordes against my gunpowder arsenal.









It was a fun game and Butters was a great opponent. Learned that Skinks are really low in points value. Despite wiping out half the models they were only 500 victory points. 









The last match was against Alex and his Vampire counts. Alex was a more experienced player and had a well put together army. Scenario rules had us playing in rain and then fog that limited visibility to 8 inches! He managed to close the gap unscathed and proceeded to grind my brave soldiers into the dirt and mud. 










Alex was a great opponent and despite the thrashing he made it a enjoyable game. 

All in all it was a great day out with my 20 year old army. Next tournament is in Ottawa and I hope to have my force totally done by then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment