Wednesday 26 April 2023

Another 6th ed Tournament at the Dragon!

 Last weekend headed to the Red Dragon in Ottawa for a 2200 point 6th ed WHFB tournament.

I got very few pics even by my standards, but in my defense it was a long day. Attendance was great with 14 players showing up, and a great time had by all. 

My first match up was against young Victor and his Tomb Kings. I've never played against Tomb Kings or even spent much time reading up on them so there were lots of surprises for me here. Early on he managed to box me into a corner and force a unit to flee with his chariot core. 

The battle was extremely bloody, but won for me when he made the mistake of leaving his Liche priest as the closest target to one of my Ratling guns and paid dearly. 

This was all that was left at the end of the battle!

Next up was Jason and his Dark Elves. Again an army I've never played against, but somewhat more conventional. I managed to get a good deployment and moved aggressively to the center to block his charges, but ramming into his stubborn Black Guards was my undoing.



Not much in this shot, I pretty well abandoned my left flank and my Jezzails. 


Here is where things are pretty done for me. I wasn't able to kill his hydra or the chariot and was stuck in combat with his stubborn Black Guard. Of course I ended up losing my Stormvermin unit with Grey Seer and bell to a rear charge from the chariot and hydra after this. 


State at the end of the battle, I did at least kill kill his hydra thing!

By the time of the last battle I was pretty tired and there are no more pics to show. I played my old enemy Thomas and his Dwarfs. 

While I feel I did some good maneuvering and deployment, Thomas' dice had completely given up on him. I really don't think I've ever seen someone fail every important roll in a game before! It was a pretty bad showing for the Dwarfs and many had to take the Slayer oaths after this one. 

As said before, a good time was had by all. Big thanks to Danny MacDonald for putting this on and not even getting to play (again). 


No comments:

Post a Comment